Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Decorating In Style

So before I start today's post I just wanted to apologize for my lack of regular post. I've been told that I'm slacking, which is something I'm trying to work on. I don't want to have posts just for the sake of having them, I want to have posts that you'll find interesting and actually want to read. My biggest issue is that I am by no means a writer; never have been and never will be and if we're being completely honest, I totally suck at it. But from now on I'll try to have at least one regular post each week!

ANYWAYS, TODAY'S POST:
So next year me, my sister, her current dorm roommate, & hopefully a fourth{still on the lookout} are getting an apartment! I know this may seem like no big deal and just an everyday thing, but it's VERY exciting for three reasons.
1. It'll be my senior year & I'm FINALLY getting a apartment. Freshman year, I lived in the dorms{which I loved because I was fortunate enough to live in the best dorm on campus} and then sophomore and junior year while all my friends were moving into their own apartments, I was moving back home. Which wasn't a big deal because I only live about 20min away from campus & I was able to save a lot of $$$.
2. I get to live with two of my favorite people!
3. The most important reason, DECORATING, duhh!

For our apartment we've decided on Kate Spade inspired theme, we are determined that our apartment will be nothing short of perfection. There will be polka dots, there will be stripes, there will be black & white, there will be gold, and there will be monograms & lots of them! The day after we decided that we should all get an apartment together {because basically we're all the same person & there's no one else we like enough to want to live with} I immediately started an Apartment board on Pinterest. I LOVE PINTEREST! I've found so many DIY Kate Spade ideas & I plan to use them all. I'm beyond excited to move in and we haven't even signed our lease yet. I just want to start decorating and see it all come together.

Here are some things that are bound to be in our apartment:
Everything from our front door to our kitchen will be fabulous! Southern touches of burlap on the front wreath, and lots of signature Kate Spade preppy gold chic plates, cups, mugs, and salt/pepper shakers!

 





















Our living room will most likely consist of gold throw pillows, black/gold lamps, a Kate Spade vaseKate Spade candles, decorative table books and gold wall art.




As for my room, I basically know exactly what I want! Lately I've been obsessing over Emerald/Kelly green, I love the color and it just happens to go perfectly with the gold Kate Spade theme. This is actually the exact Emerald/Kelly Green Duvet that I plan to have in my room, I'll have tons of decorative pillows with a monogram or two! I'll have a matching green rug {or maybe a black rug} but it'll definitely have a pattern on it because I love pattern play! 



 On my wall I'll have a fabulous Prada inspired canvas and maybe even a gold deer.


A gold vase for my nightstand but with peonies not roses. {Roses are so over done}

My desk will have little touches of gold & a Blair Waldorf inspiration to match!



My bathroom will have more black. Like the perfect monogrammed shower curtain, an Audrey image, favorite song lyrics in gold, and gold mason jars for decorative flowers or to hold my toothbrush.


 "I adore pretty things and witty words." // Kate Spade

xoxo, L


No comments:

Post a Comment